Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Toyota Recall Hits Home

While Toyota's massive recalls have been going on for almost two months now, it recently hit home with me as my Mom email my brother and I about his truck being on the recall list. Of course my mother was over panicked as most mothers are when they here news like this, it still got me to look into the story a bit. Basically the major problem that was occurring with the Toyotas was that the stock floor mats were causing the accelerator to get stuck and force the car to go faster and out of control resulting in serious injuries or even death. Luckily my brother's truck doesn't have the standard floor mats and he tested them to appease her. Still with Toyota issuing a recall on so many vehicles is quite amazing since its basically over floor mats. It is a good thing that the issue was brought to the attention of the nation because most people don't give their cars much attention especially to something like floor mats.

The email link my mom sent me:
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-toyota-recall26-2009nov26,0,3295310.story

No comments:

Post a Comment